Review: "Winters' Snow" by Carrie Hope Fletcher

Title: Winters’ Snow [an “On The Other Side“ novella]
Author: Carrie Hope Fletcher
Publication:  2016
Genre: Romance, Novella, Short Story, New Adult
Link: goodreads
Stars: 5/5


The Blurb
An exclusive On the Other Side novella featuring the characters Vincent Winters and Evie Snow 
Prove yourself worthy.
Prove yourself true.
Fight like you didn't
and she'll come to you.
Evie Snow was the love of Vincent Winters' life, and of every lifetime he would ever live, but they didn't get the ending they wanted. He never stopped loving her though and he never, ever, forgot about her.
Suddenly Vincent has the chance to right an old wrong and to finally prove himself worthy of Evie's love - he just needs to get to her first.
As Vincent begins the journey of a lifetime, he learns more about love than he ever thought possible, and somehow, some way, he may also find his way back to the only woman he ever truly loved . . .


My Thoughts
To honor On The Other Side and in preparation to Carrie Hope Fletcher’s upcoming book All That She Can See, which will be published on the 13th July, I finally got myself to read Winter’s Snow.

I was so happy to have the chance to go back into the world, or  afterlife, of Evie and Vincent. It was interesting to find out what Vincent had to do to get into his personal heaven and to end up with Evie again. That was something I already asked myself after finishing On The Other Side.
Furthermore, it was nice that this novella also featured other beloved characters, like Mr. Lieffe and Sonny, instead of just Vincent and Evie.
I also have to correct myself, when it comes to Evie’s mother, Eleanor. In my review to On The Other Side, I said that you simply have to hate her but, well now I feel a little bit sorry for her, being stuck and unable to get into her personal heaven due to her feelings of guilt.

Well, what can I say, I already cried during the last chapters of On the Other Side, and I knew that this wouldn’t be different when I read the novella. I think it never took me so long to read 40 pages. I hope that her next book, won’t be so emotional for me.


However, I’m already counting the days until All That She Can See will be released and I hope that the postman will deliver my pre-ordered copy in time, because recently, I had some problems with my orders. However, I believe that her new book as amazing as her other books, and even if it’s only as half as good, I will be happy because I love her style of writing and the unique story lines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: "The Truth Factory" by Cody McFadyen

Review:"Dragon Actually" by G.I. Aiken

Review: "Radio Silence" by Alice Oseman